28 July 2013
What: Don't forget to apply for a FALL Travel Grant ASAP
If you are PRESENTING/PARTICIPATING in a conference during the Fall 2013 semester, applications will now be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. This would result in the following changes to the application procedure:
1. Student decides they will present/participate in a conference.
2. Student registers for conference and books necessary travel/accommodation.
3. After travel & accomodation is booked, Student immediately applies for Travel Grant funding in advance of the conference (Note: proof of payment (i.e. notation of type of payment) is still required)
4. Student's advisor approves travel grant.
5. GSG reviews the travel grant on a first-come first-served basis and, if complete, can preapprove
a travel grant.
6. Student returns from conference travel, they submit hard copies of receipts and GSG
sends approved travel grant to USC business office for reimbursement.
7. USC business office processes the reimbursements (in the order received).
8. Student get their check mailed to them. If they are enrolled in direct deposit through the University, the money will be deposited automatically into that
If you are ATTENDING a conference during the Fall 2013 semester, applications will now be accepted on a rolling basis, but since priority goes to those presenting, approval and disbursement of travel grants for conference attendees can not be done until the end of the semester when we know what funds remain.
-No longer reimbursing for food
-Increased limits for conference registration (now up to $500) and hotel accommodations (now $125/night
for 4 nights)