- What: See details
- Where: UCLA campus intramural field
- Date: 11/11/2012
- Time: 8:00 AM
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Run the City is the first annual 5K rivalry run that supports the athletes of Special Olympics Southern California. Students, alumni, and fans of USC and UCLA will compete for bragging rights and the We Run the City trophy. This event kicks off rivalry week — one week prior to the UCLA vs. USC football game. This annual fundraiser will alternate campuses each year leading up to the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games in Los Angeles. Both schools will host more than 7,000 Special Olympics athletes from 170 countries.
Each runner must declare their allegiance at the time of registration and whether they are a FACULTY, FAN, STUDENT or ALUMNI — they are then a part of Team USC or Team UCLA. Competition is broken into three categories: most donations, most registered runners, and fastest runners. The school that wins two out of three, or sweeps all three, claims victory that their school Runs the City. Bragging rights will be theirs for the year.
1. sing up to register at https://www.kintera.org/faf/home/waiver.asp?ievent=1036287&lis=1
2. choose “join a team from the dropdown menu: USC GSG TEAM
3. create a username and password for your personal page
3. $35 entry fee, our team has a $1500 fundraising goal
There is space available on subcommittees for planning and fundraising purposes. Please contact Erin O’Donnell at email@example.com if you are interested in joinging any of the following committees:
Student Sub committees
· FanFest & Event Program (expo booths, event program emcees, entertainment)
· Campus and event promotion (identify locations and events on campus to display promo material and/or have promo booth, Special Olympics athlete speaker, etc.)
· Social Media promotion (maximize Facebook and Twitter pages, posts, updates, tools)